A former Mayor, mother and grandmother, Judy Clibborn combines a lifetime of real experience with moderate, bi-partisan leadership. A state transportation leader, Judy has focused on I-90 and I-405 improvements, improving transit, and ensuring the start of construction on I-520.
A former Chamber director, Judy knows we must hold the state government accountable. She cut $2 billion from the budget, voted to close loopholes on Wall Street banks, and opposed increasing the state sales tax. To help stimulate the economy, Judy voted to create new clean energy jobs, invest in worker training, and support small businesses.
Awards and Recognitions
- Vision 2040/President’s Award, March 31, 2016
- Transportation Leadership Award, WA State Good Roads and Transportation Assn, 2016
- Citizen of the Year, Forum XXII, 2015
- 2015 Legislator of the Year, WA Transit Association, January 27, 2016
- Scott White Leadership Award, Seattle Metro Chamber of Commerce, October 2015
- Maritime Industry Public Official of the Year, Propeller Club Seattle, May 11, 2011
- Legislator of the Year, Association of General Contractors, 2010
- Governmental Partner of the Year, Redmond Chamber of Commerce, 2010
- Citation of Merit, WA Recreation and Parks Association, April 2006
- Saved Our Ferry! Award, Anacortes Ferry Advisory Committee and Save Our Ferries, July 1, 2005
- Honorary Citizen, City of Newcastle
- The Schrammie, KOMO 4 News